Eye of Round Roast Pressure Cooker Recipe
1. Natural Eye of the Round Roast
- 1 cup of water
- 1 eye of the round roast
- Himalayan salt
- Garlic powder
- 2 or 3 tablespoon oil
- 6 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 or 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- About 1 hour before properly cooking the roast, take it out from the fridge so it can steadily come to room temperature.
- Season the roast gently all over with pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- When it is at room temperature, pour oil in the pressure cooker and then press the sauté option.
- Sear the roast properly on each side, then deglaze it (liner) with the cup of the water.
- After that, turn off the pressure cooker and add in veggies and mix it.
- Put the roast carefully on top – fat side up.
- Place the lid on top and then seal the vent properly.
- Cook it on manual as 25 minutes or more.
- Let sit it 15 minutes before carefully venting. The internal heat should hold around 140F.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 443; fat: 20.3g; carbohydrates: 22.4 g; protein: 18.6 g; cholesterol: 67 mg; sodium: 827 mg.
2. Eye of the Round Roast with Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pure salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3.5 pounds eye of the round roast
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 or 2 cup Marsala wine
- 1.2 ounces dry beef gravy mix
- First, mix the oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and onion powder in a bowl; then rub smoothly over roast.
- Prepare the carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery at the bottom of a pressure cooker.
- Place roast properly atop vegetables.
- Next, whisk the Marsala wine, beef broth, and gravy smoothly in a dish; pour properly over the roast and vegetables.
- Cook it on Low continuously until meat is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are correctly tender about 5 hours.
- Strain the sauce into a dish and then whisk it with the flour till thickened smoothly.
- Serve it nicely on the side of the roast and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 395; fat: 19.2g; carbohydrates: 22.3 g; protein: 25.6 g; cholesterol: 72 mg; sodium: 700 mg.
3. Eye of the Round Roast (Marinated Apricot)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 3 cups of beef broth
- Cider vinegar
- 1 cup of apricot of preserves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion and carrot
- 3 teaspoons pickling spice
- 4 pounds eye of the round roast
- In a saucepan above medium-high temperature, combine the beef broth, water, vinegar, salt, apricot of preserves, onion, pickling spice, and carrot.
- Stir them together and then bring it to a boil.
- Next, remove it from the heat, refrigerate and cover it until thoroughly chilled.
- Put the roast in a 9×12 inch baking dish, then pour the chilled marinade above the roast, and cover and properly refrigerate it for up to 22 hours.
- Then preheat the pressure cooker carefully to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil carefully in a pressure cooker above medium-high temperature.
- Place the roast properly in the pressure cooker and then sear the meat smoothly, browning it well on each surface.
- Season it with pepper and salt to try, return chicken in the baking bowl and then cover it.
- Bake it at 352 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Separate it from the oven and then let the meat keep rest for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meantime, to prepare the gravy, shift the sauce of the baking bowl to a blender and properly puree it until soft.
- Then smoothly pour it into a saucepan above medium temperature.
- Stir in the cream properly and simmer it until frozen, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, slice the meat and then serve it with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 400; fat: 21.9 g; carbohydrates: 35.8 g; protein: 18.5 g; cholesterol: 56 mg; sodium: 900 mg.