Frozen Pot Roast Instant Pot Recipes
Pot roast is one of the most popular dinner meals, and for a good reason: it is rich, filling, warm, and the perfect option when you’re looking for something that will satisfy you for dinner time. Cooking a pot roast with an Instant Pot will save hours of your cooking time, so if you’re looking for quick and easy pot roast recipes, consider these 2 delicious frozen pot roast Instant Pot recipes.
1. Classic Frozen Pot Roast
A classic pot roast is hard to beat, which is why this pot roast recipe features those tried-and-true ingredients that create a rich, flavorful, and warm meal that you can truly savor.
- 3 lbs. frozen beef pot roast
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1 lb. carrots – cut into 1 or 2-inch slices
- 2 lbs. potatoes – quartered; peeled if desired
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- Place your roast beef and seasonings directly into your Instant Pot.
- Make sure that your seasonings are covering your frozen roast beef well.
- Add in your beef stock; make sure to pour the stock around the roast so that it surrounds the meat completely.
- Add in your horseradish, if using, and then turn your pressure cooker on manual/high-pressure. Cook in this setting for 60 minutes.
- After 60 minutes, quick release the steam in the pot.
- Then add in your carrots, onions, and potatoes seal the pot and continuing cooking on high for the remainder of the cooking period—30 minutes—until everything is cooked through and your vegetables are soft.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 to 20 minutes, then release the rest manually (quick release).
- Serve with potatoes or rice if desired.
2. Frozen Pot Roast and Stir Fry Medley
This twist on a classic pot roast combines delicious pot roast with vegetables to create an Asian-inspired stir fry that will have you reaching for seconds.
- 2 lbs. frozen beef pot roast
- 3 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 onion – sliced or chopped
- 1 lb. carrots – cut into small chunks
- 2 stalks celery – sliced into small pieces
- 2 lbs. potatoes – sliced into small chunks
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Prepared rice – for serving
- Place your frozen beef pot roast into your Instant Pot.
- Cover the roast with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Pour in your broth and cook for 20 minutes on manual/high-pressure.
- Release the steam manually (quick release).
- Now add in your onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Stir the mixture so that everything can meld together in the pot.
- Seal the lid and cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes on manual high pressure.
- Allow the steam to natural release for 10 to 20 minutes, then release the rest manually.
- Take a shredding fork and shred your pot roast; mix with the vegetables and broth so that everything is well combined.
- Serve over rice.