Top Rated Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
A great feature about cooking in an Instant Pot is that it is very healthy because all the nutrients and vitamins are sealed in. Here are a few of our top rated healthy Instant Pot recipes that are easy to make and will delight even the pickiest of eaters!
1. Vegan Sweet Potato Curry
Whether you are a full-time vegan or just like to go meat-free sometimes, this vegan curry for four is healthy, delicious, and easy to make with the Instant Pot.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or paste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger (you can also use dried ginger)
- 3 cups water
- 2 sweet potatoes – cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 carrots – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach
- Chilli paste or powder to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté and fry the onion and spices in the oil for a minute. Then press cancel.
- Add the water and the rest of the ingredients apart from the spinach and the coconut milk.
- Mix well and make sure to cover everything in the water and then close and seal the lid.
- Choose the Manual/Pressure Cook option and cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- Once the cooking is down, let the pressure release naturally for 3 minutes and then move the setting to Steam Venting.
- Once you can open the lid, add the coconut milk and the spinach and stir.
- Serve with rice or Indian flatbreads (naans).
2. Chinese Style Peppered steak
Scrummy peppered steak cooked in the Instant Pot seals in succulence and flavor. This recipe is sufficient for 12 servings, so freeze what you don’t need now for some delicious instant meals later on.
- 3 lbs beef joint – top roast
- 1 cup water – reserve half
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- Medium-sized onion – diced and chopped
- Green pepper – cut into ½ inch strips
- Red sweet pepper – cut into ½ inch strips
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger – chopped very finely
- Add the beef joint, ½ cup of water, soy sauce, and the garlic to the pan.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 1 hour.
- Once the cooking time is over, open with quick release.
- Add the peppers and the onions, close the lid and cook on high pressure for a further 2 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure and remove the beef so that you can cut it into slices.
- Switch to the sauté setting and bring the remaining liquid to a boil.
- While this is happening, mix the honey, ginger, cornstarch and the remaining water into a paste and add to the pot. Stir until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the beef slices to the mix and serve.
- This dish goes well with brown rice or Chinese noodles.
3. Chicken Soup
If you are looking for instant comfort with a strong feel-good factor, you can’t beat a good chicken soup. This recipe is enough for six big servings.
- 3 to 5 lbs chicken – skin, neck, and giblets removed
- 2 big carrots – cut in half
- 2 celery stalks – keep some of the leaves for later
- Onion – cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 fresh sprigs parsley
- Egg noodles – cooked
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups water
- Place the chicken (breast side up) in the pressure cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients and the water, apart from the cooked noodles.
- Seal the lid and select the Soup setting and cook for 25 minutes. It will take your Instant Pot around 30 minutes to come up to pressure; however, the overall cooking time will be less than an hour.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, leave the pot to natural release for 15 minutes and then you can apply quick release to speed things up a little.
- Once you can retrieve the chicken from the Instant Pot, take it out and prepare the meat by taking it off the bone and cutting or pulling it into bite-size pieces. You can discard the bones and carcass.
- Put the shredded chicken back into the pot and add the cooked noodles.
- Reheat if necessary and then serve.
These are just 3 recipes out of the thousands of great Instant Pot recipes available via the app and website. And the important thing to remember that once you become accustomed to using your pressure cooker, you can cook practically anything in it, if you just follow the guidelines and cooking times.
Check out more top rated healthy instant pot recipes via the Instant Pot app or create your own recipes and share them too. The beauty of pressure cooking is that this method of cooking is not only fast and economical it seals in all the nutrients which are often lost by conventional cooking methods. This means that most pressure cooked food is actually better for you than similar recipes cooked in any other way.