Pressure Cooker Stew Recipe
1. Ham and Cauliflower Stew
- 8-ounce Cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- An onion – diced
- 1 carrot – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 or 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups diced ham
- 1 or 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 14.5-ounce canned chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower – broken into florets
- 1 or 2 cups of coconut milk
- First, heat the olive oil carefully in the pan of a pressure cooker on the Sauté option.
- Add in the carrot and onion; cook and stir it until the onion is appropriately soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in garlic powder, minced garlic, onion powder, pepper, and salt.
- Combine ham, cauliflower florets, and the chicken broth.
- Next, seal the pressure cooker and lock the steam vent.
- Take to high pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions; cook it for 5 minutes.
- Then release the temperature using the quick-release method according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix.
- Finally, garnish the warm stew with the Cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 400; fat: 29.4g; carbohydrates: 10.1 g; protein: 24.7 g; cholesterol: 79 mg; sodium: 1525 mg.
2. Green Chile Chicken Stew
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 4-pound whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4-ounce canned green Chile peppers – chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 habanero peppers – seeded and minced
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 5 carrots – chopped
- 5 stalks celery – chopped
- 14.5-ounce stewed tomatoes
- 3 potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- First, put the chicken carefully into a pressure cooker over average temperature and then add water to cover.
- Mix the thyme, cumin, basil, and marjoram.
- Take it to a boil, decrease the heat to medium-low, and properly simmer it for 3 hours.
- Then take out the chicken smoothly from the pressure cooker and allow it to cool down.
- Discard the skin and the bones and chop the chicken meat into bite-size pieces.
- Then put back the chicken to the pressure cooker and mix in the habanero Chile peppers, green Chile peppers, onion, carrots, garlic, celery, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Simmer it for 35 minutes, or till the carrots and the lovely potatoes are properly tendered.
- Mix the flour with some water in a separate medium bowl and add into the soup, stirring it gently, so the flour doesn’t clump.
- Raise the temperature, take just to a boil and remove the cooker from the heat.
- Finally, season it with pepper and salt to your preferred taste and serve it.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 289; fat: 13g; carbohydrates: 26.8 g; protein: 15.9 g; cholesterol: 42 mg; sodium: 367 mg.
3. Tomato Stew with Beef
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-pound cubed stew beef
- 15 oz stewed tomatoes
- 6 oz canned tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 3 large carrots – sliced
- 3 ribs celery – chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1-pound baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- First, drizzle the olive oil carefully in the bowl of the pressure cooker and then turn it on to the Sauté option.
- Wait until it’s heated well and then add meat, browned on each side.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, and properly seal the pressure cooker.
- Then choose the Meat option.
- When the cooking is complete, let the pressure cooker sit for about 15 minutes then free the steam by setting the valve properly to the venting position.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 401; fat: 16.5g; carbohydrates: 27.5 g; protein: 35 g; cholesterol: 100 mg; sodium: 420 mg.