Pressure Cooker Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is a popular dinner meal that is perfect for evenings when you want a rich, hearty pasta dish that will fill you up and even keep you warm on a cold winter night. Lasagna requires a lot of prep work when you’re making it the traditional way, but using a pressure cooker can help you create delicious lasagna with almost no effort at all. The following are a classic lasagna recipe and a healthy lasagna recipe that you’ll love cooked with your pressure cooker.
1. Classic Lasagna
This is a classic lasagna dish that is rich, hearty, and easy to make in your pressure cooker.
- Lasagna noodles (maximum 8)
- 3 cups meat sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- First, mix together your egg, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning; then add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Then snap your lasagna noodles into pieces and line them up on a 7-inch springform pan in one layer.
- Add 1/3 of the meat sauce on top of the noodles, then a layer of your Ricotta cheese, and then add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers twice and top with Parmesan cheese. Wrap pan in aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup of cold water and a trivet into your pressure cooker.
- Then place your pan inside the pressure cooker, lock the lid, and cook at high pressure for 24 minutes.
- Let naturally release, which should take about 10 minutes.
You can optionally brown the cooked lasagna in an oven for 8 minutes after it has finished in the pressure cooker, but this is not necessary.
2. Health-Friendly Lasagna
This healthier lasagna option is lighter and great for when you want pasta but doesn’t want to get overwhelmed with a rich dish.
- 1/2 cup onions (diced)
- 1 lb. turkey burger (can substitute ground chicken)
- 1 jar no-sodium pasta sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1/4 parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- 1 cup spinach
- Lasagna noodles (8 maximum)
- 1 egg
- Set your pressure cooker to Sauté and cook onions, turkey burgers, and garlic until well browned and fully cooked.
- Drain and set aside; then, add pasta sauce into the meat mixture.
- In another bowl, combine parmesan cheese, egg, Greek yogurt, half the mozzarella cheese; you can add salt and pepper to taste.
- In your pressure cooker, add layers of sliced onions to help the noodles from burning in the pan.
- Over the onions, add a small layer of pasta sauce before adding the broken lasagna noodles in a single layer.
- Make a second layer with your cheese mixture, a third layer with spinach leaves, then another layer with meat sauce.
- Continue making new layers until gone.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the pan before covering with the lid.
- Cook for about 8 minutes and then quick-release the steam.
- Let the dish sit for 10 minutes before you serve it.