Pressure Cooker Chili Recipe
1. Beef Chili
- 1 or 2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt for taste
- 1 or 2-pound beef chuck
- 1 or 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- A teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 or 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
- 1 or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 10-ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cups of water
- 1 or 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- First, carefully heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high temperature.
- Season the beef smoothly with black pepper and salt; place the meat in the skillet and cook it until brown on all sides, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Shift it to plate and set it aside.
- After that, heat the vegetable oil over the medium-low temperature in the bowl of a pressure cooker.
- Then stir the garlic and onion into the pot; cook it until nearly translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, ancho chili powder, cumin, chipotle chili powder, black pepper, oregano and, cayenne pepper; cook it until fragrant, 3 minutes.
- Add in beef, diced tomatoes, and water; stir it to mix.
- Then lock the lid of the pressure cooker and increase the temperature to high to build up pressure.
- Reduce the heat to low to control pressure; cook it for 14 to 18 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and then let rest for 15 minutes.
- Make sure that pressure is completely released from the cooker before removing the lid.
- Finally, return the uncovered pressure cooker to the stove over the high heat of temperature.
- Mix in corn chips and bring it to a boil; cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with green onion and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 356; fat: 8.7 g; carbohydrates: 8.7 g; protein: 23.9 g; cholesterol: 86 mg; sodium: 279 mg.
2) Classic Chili
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 (14.4 ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 (14.4 ounces) canned dark red kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1-pound ground beef
- 2 cups of water
- 1 or 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- First, insert the ground beef in the pressure cooker over medium-high temperature; cook it until crumbly and brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Take out the ground beef, and then drain off the excess fat.
- After that, return the pressure cooker to the stove over medium temperature, pour in olive oil, and then stir in green pepper, the onion, and jalapeno pepper.
- Stir and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onion is glassy.
- Add in garlic, and stir and cook it for about 25 seconds.
- Then in the pressure cooker; pour in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato paste, cocoa powder, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt, chili powder, and water.
- Then lock the lid carefully, turn the cooker up to build up pressure, then reduce the temperature to control the load, and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the stove from the heat, and then let the pressure decrease on its own, for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Finally, after the pressure is completely released, separate the lid, then stir the chili, and serve it.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 353; fat: 14.9 g; carbohydrates: 35.2 g; protein: 22.3 g; cholesterol: 46 mg; sodium: 790 mg.