Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs Bone In Recipe
1. Chicken Thigh Bone Curry
- 1 tablespoon mild yellow curry powder
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons soft yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root – minced
- 14.5-ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato powder
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- First, season the chicken thighs smoothly with honey powder, 2 teaspoons of curry powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select the Sauté option.
- Heat the butter and oil.
- Combine the chicken and then cook it until browned, 3 to 5 minutes each side.
- Place it on a plate.
- Mix the onion; stir and cook it until smooth and translucent, approximately 6 minutes.
- Mix the ginger and garlic; cook it until aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato powder and tomatoes into the pressure cooker.
- Close and carefully lock the lid.
- Next, choose the high pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions; set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Provide 12 to 14 minutes for the pressure to build in steadily.
- After that, release the pressure by utilizing the natural-release system according to the manufacturer’s instructions, for 12 minutes.
- Turn to the quick-release system according to the manufacturer’s guidelines and release the remaining pressure carefully for about 10 minutes.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Finally, turn on the Sauté option.
- Add cumin, remaining curry powder, and coconut milk into the pot.
- Gently cook it until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 472; fat: 33.8g; carbohydrates: 11.2 g; protein: 31 g; cholesterol: 113 mg; sodium: 721 mg.
2. Plum Good Chicken Thigh Bone
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 green onions
- 1-pound chicken thighs – skinless and boneless
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup plum jam
- ½ cup chicken broth
- First, chop the two tablespoons green onions finely and set it aside for the topping.
- Cut the remaining green onions carefully into 1-inch pieces.
- Next, toss the chicken thighs gently with salt and five-spice powder in a bowl.
- Properly heat the oil in the pressure cooker over medium temperature.
- Add the chicken thighs and then cook it until browned, approximately 10 minutes each side.
- Place it to a plate and leave drippings in the pressure cooker.
- Cook the green onion slices in the drippings until quickly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and plum jam.
- Take it to a boil.
- Then reduce the temperature to medium and repeat thighs to the pressure cooker.
- Finally, cook it until syrupy properly, turning it a few times to coat, approximately 8 minutes.
- Garnish it with the reserved green onions.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 333; fat: 15g; carbohydrates: 30.3 g; protein: 19.6 g; cholesterol: 71 mg; sodium: 505 mg.
3. Baked Chicken Thigh Bone (Crispy and Tender)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- First, preheat the pressure cooker to 352 degrees F or 172 degrees C.
- Then line a baking sheet fittingly with cooking spray and an aluminum foil.
- Next, arrange the chicken thighs on the provided baking sheet.
- Mix the onion salt, garlic salt, oregano, paprika, pepper, and thyme in a pan with a lid.
- Then close the lid carefully and shake the pan until the spices are sufficiently mixed.
- Spread the spice mix generously over the chicken thighs.
- Finally, bake the chicken adequately in the preheated pressure cooker until the skin is crispy smoothly, thighs will not turn pink at the bone, also let the juices run free about 60 min. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 190; fat: 11.9g; carbohydrates: 0.2 g; protein: 19.2 g; cholesterol: 71 mg; sodium: 178 mg.