Electric Pressure Cooker Cover Pattern
Many people have started using Instant Pots and electric pressure cookers due to the easy and speed of cooking up tasty meals and snacks. But what can you do to make that pressure cooker blend in with your kitchen décor? Why not make an electric pressure cooker cover pattern to spruce it up?
It is not hard to make a cover for your electric pressure cooker. In fact, I am going to share two different ways to make a cover for your Instant Pot:
Sewing a cover for the electric pressure cooker
This particular pattern for making a cover for your electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot is meant to work with the 6-quart size of Instant Pot, so if you have a bigger or smaller one, you will have to adjust the measurements accordingly.
First off, you need to choose the type of fabric you are going to use. Cotton is a good choice since it comes in lots of different colors and patterns, as well as being machine-washable. You are bound to be able to find something that blends in with your kitchen décor. However, if you have a preference for some other kind of fabric, it likely will work just as well.
- You will need about three quarters to one whole yard of the main fabric, as well as the same amount of some sort of fabric to use for the lining of the cover. It’s best to get a bit more than you need in case you think it will shrink when it’s washed. Make sure both fabrics are 45 inches wide or more. You will also need scissors, a pen, thread, measuring tape, and a sewing machine.
- The sewing project will be pretty simple to complete, as there are only two pieces, a top and a section that will wrap around the pressure cooker body itself.
- If desired, you can prewash the fabric, as that will prevent the possibility of shrinkage (and then it wouldn’t fit on your pressure cooker!).
- Next, take your measuring tape and pen and draw an 11 by 43-inch rectangle on both fabrics. You also need to measure and draw a circle with a diameter of 14 inches onto each fabric. Then cut these out carefully with your scissors. If your Instant Pot is a different size than six quarts, then change the measurements to match its size.
- Put the right sides of the long rectangular cloths together and fold it in half, then sew up the side seam, which should form into a tube. Then the tube has to be sewn to the fabric circles. You may need to stretch the rectangular piece, so it fits the circle precisely. This has to be done with both types of fabric so that you will end up with two finished pieces.
- Try to fit one of these pieces onto the pressure cooker to check the fit. Then turn the main color inside out, and put the piece made of the lining fabric inside it, so the right sides match up. Then sew the bottom edge, being sure to leave about a four-inch opening, then use that opening to get a grip so you can turn the whole thing right side out.
- Then you can sew up that opening close to the edge on the bottom. Then voila! You have a cute pressure cooker cover.
Cover using a t-shirt
Here is another suggestion, make one out of a small t-shirt! All you need is a t-shirt, then you turn the t-shirt inside out and cut off the sleeves. Then, sew up the sides to close them up (either by hand or a sewing machine.). It should look like a tube with the neckline at the top and the open bottom of the shirt.
Then, locate the shirt center of the neckline. Make a small cut in the neckline edging and then take some string, or you can use a ribbon and thread it through it. Please do this by attaching a safety pin to the string and thread it through the neckline edge all the way around until the pin comes out the other side. Then take off the pin and tie a knot in the string.
Next, try it on your pressure cooker to see if it is the right height and if not cut off what you don’t need on the bottom of the shirt tube. Be sure to leave around a half-inch so you can make a neat hem on the bottom. Then voila! You pull it over the top of your pressure cooker, and now you’ve made your electric pressure cooker cover pattern.