Get a Cuisinart Griddler and it will become your all-time favorite, go-to appliance. Whether you are grilling sandwiches or flipping pancakes for a crowd, this griddle does it all. It’s great for people who don’t have space for an outdoor charcoal grill.
Of course, it’s not the same thing but it will at least allow you to grill some burger patties, steaks, or sausages. The reversible plates are different on each side. One side is flat as a griddle while the other features grooves.
Compact and portable, you can tuck the griddler out of sight in a kitchen drawer if you’re short on counter space. What more could you want? Well, some people want to know the various cooking times for different foods.
As with other cooking methods, it can be tricky to know how much time certain foods require. Also, you need to work out what temperature is optimal for getting juicy and delicious results.
The cooking guide that comes with your Cuisinart Griddler comes with complete guidelines on how to prepare your food, how to position it inside the Cuisinart Griddler, and the suggested time along with temperatures.
We know that most of us never bother to read these manuals, but this one is useful. To make it easier for you, we’ve summarized the cooking times and temperature settings for the main types of food you’re likely to cook in your griddler.
Cooking steak and other foods is quick because the heat comes from both the top and bottom.
Cuisinart Griddler Cooking Times
Cooking Steak or Other Boneless Beef
You will need to cook boneless steak cuts such as fillet or rump. You cannot grill T-bone steaks, for instance, because the griddle cannot accommodate the bones.
- It is suggested that if you are going to be cooking your beef in a closed position, you must preheat your Cuisinart Griddler so that it can sear and seal the meat.
- Set the temperature as 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This is also the default temperature. A green light will come on when the appliance reaches the correct temperature.
- Once hot, you can put your steak onto your preheated grill plate.
- You can use the same temperature for preheating when you want to cook in an open or flat position.
- Cooking times will vary depending on if you want rare, medium, or well-done steak. It will also depend on how thick your steak is. As a guide, a ¾ inch thick steak will take anywhere between 4 and 10 minutes. You can use the internal meat temperature to help – Steak is rare at 140˚F, medium rare at 145˚F, medium at 160˚F, and well done at 170˚F.
Cooking Boneless Chicken Breasts
- If you are cooking chicken breast, preheat your Cuisinart Griddler to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You must cook your chicken breast for about 7 to 9 minutes
- Make sure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This internal temperature will ensure the chicken is cooked through safely and that the juices will run clear without any sign of pink.
Cooking Boneless Chicken Thighs
- For cooking chicken thighs, preheat your Cuisinart Griddler to 400-degree Fahrenheit.
- Cook your chicken thighs for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
- Be sure an internal temperature of 170 degrees Fahrenheit is reached to prevent any foodborne illnesses.
Cooking Fish Steaks
- First of all, you need to preheat your Cuisinart Griddler to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook your fish for around 6 to 7 minutes, grilling it in the closed position
- If you prefer to grill your fish in a flat position then you will need to grill it for 7 to 12 minutes.
Cooking Open-faced Sandwiches
- Preheat the lower plate of your Cuisinart Griddler to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Also, preheat the upper plate to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the sandwiches onto the lower grill.
- Now by using the upper plate and height adjuster, completely melt the cheese by placing an upper plate over your sandwich.
- Brown your sandwich for about 5 to 7 minutes depending upon the appearance you want.
- For cooking quesadillas, both plates will need to be preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Close the upper plate of your Cuisinart Griddler and close the cover with the help of the height adjuster.
- Grill the quesadillas for about 2-4 minutes and the cooking time depends upon the appearance you want.
These are all the temperature and cooking time guidelines that are mentioned in your Cuisinart Griddler’s manual. We hope our summary has been of use to you.