Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipe
1. Italian Chicken Soup
1/2 bone-in chicken breast – skin removed
1 cup mild salsa
16-ounce fresh spinach leaves
3 cups chicken stock
4 Italian turkey sausage links – casings removed
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic
1 or 2 cup pearl barley
1 cup green lentils
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 or 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- First, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pressure cooker carefully over medium temperature. Then mix the sausage meat, cook it until appropriately browned, splitting it into the crumbles. Separate the sausage to a plate and drain the oil. Mix another teaspoon of olive oil to the pressure cooker; cook the garlic and onion until the onion is transparent.
- Then add the barley and stir it for 3 minutes. Put back the sausage to the pressure cooker. Mix the parsley, lentils, chicken, and chicken stock into the cooker, mixing enough stock to cover the chicken thoroughly. Close the cover properly; put the pressure regulator on the vent pipe. Take the stove to full pressure over high temperature (this may take 14 or 15 minutes). Then decrease the warmth to medium-high; cook it for 10 minutes. The pressure regulator should keep a slow, steady rocking changing; balance the heat if needed.
- Remove pressure cooker from temperature; use the quick-release following manufacturer’s directions or allow the pressure to drop on its own. Open the cooker and take out the chicken; shred the meat and put back into the soup. Add spinach, garbanzo beans, and salsa; mix to blend and heat it spontaneously before serving.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 245; fat: 3.3g; carbohydrates: 37.3 g; protein: 17.4 g; cholesterol: 16 mg; sodium: 527 mg.
2. Salsa Lime Rice and Chicken
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
2 frozen chicken breasts – skinless and boneless
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup of salsa
3 tablespoons pure olive oil
1 or 2 cups of lime juice
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
A cup of water
1 teaspoon salt
A teaspoon garlic salt
1 or 2 cups Mexican cheese blend – shredded
- First, mix the olive oil, salt, salsa, lime juice, garlic salt, chicken breasts, pepper, and tomato sauce into a pressure cooker.
- Then seal the pressure cooker properly and take it to increase pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; cook the chicken properly till it is pink in the middle – 10 minutes for thin frozen breasts and 15 min or 16 min for thick frozen breasts. When using an instant-read thermometer, inserted into the middle of the meat, achieve at least 160 degrees F of temperature.
- Release the pressure spontaneously according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Open the pressure cooker; transfer the chicken to a dish using tongs. Then spoon 1 or 2 of the remaining broth of the chicken; then top it with the Mexican cheese.
- After that, stir the rice properly into the remaining broth in the pressure cooker. Mix sufficient water to the same cups of liquid.
- Finally, seal the cooker and take it properly to increase pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions; cook it for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release spontaneously. Then serve the rice nicely with the chicken.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 403; fat: 16.8g; carbohydrates: 44.2 g; protein: 19 g; cholesterol: 45 mg; sodium: 1318 mg.
3. Barbeque Chicken
1 or 2 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2-pound chicken thighs – skinless and boneless
1 teaspoon ground paprika
Salt and ground black pepper
1 onion – minced
1 or 2 cups of water
- First, heat the pressure cooker over medium temperature; cook the chicken until it browned properly, 4 to 5 minutes each side. Then sprinkle salt, paprika, and pepper onto the chicken.
- After that, combine the water, onion, chili sauce, and vinegar in a dish; pour it over the chicken.
- Finally, coat the pressure cooker with its lid and cook it according to the manufacturer’s directions, about 18 minutes. Remove from temperature and release the pressure through the natural release process; open the pressure cooker securely.
Nutrition Facts (For Per Serving): calories: 218; fat: 11.9g; carbohydrates: 7 g; protein: 19.8 g; cholesterol: 71 mg; sodium: 313 mg.