The Cuisinart coffee maker is one of the most popular coffee makers because it offers advanced features. These advanced features include pre-programmed brewing times, self-cleaning features and it also has a filter that improves water quality for your coffee making. However sometimes due to some jamming or problem, the machine is unable to do its task and for that, you can troubleshoot the problem all by yourself.
Cuisinart Coffee Maker Self Clean Not Working:
However, before starting the troubleshooting steps, you must make sure of a few basic things.
- You must make sure that your Cuisinart coffee maker is plugged properly into the switchboard because sometimes a loose plug can cause no power supply to your Cuisinart coffee machine.
- Secondly, you must make sure that your Cuisinart coffee maker is plugged into a functional power supply.
- The next thing that you must check is that your Cuisinart coffee maker has an intact and undamaged wire.
- However, if your Cuisinart coffee maker still doesn’t work properly then you must start with the below-given troubleshooting steps.
Here are a few basic steps for troubleshooting your Cuisinart coffee maker’s self-cleaning problem.
7 Easy Troubleshooting Steps To Fix Your Cuisinart Coffee Maker Self-Cleaning Feature
- When you start troubleshooting your Cuisinart coffee maker’s self-cleaning problem you must unplug the coffee maker and let the water cool down inside.
- Now you must wait 10 minutes before you open the cover.
- Open the cover of your Cuisinart coffee maker and check if the filter is clogged or inappropriate. A bad filter is one of the most common causes of water not draining out into the coffee pot.
- You must first take out the filter basket. After taking out the whole filter basket wash it with warm soapy water and you must make sure to clean it thoroughly too.
- You can also wash the filter basket in the upper rack of the dishwasher for your ease. Make sure that you dry out the filter basket before putting back.
- You must wipe the filter basket from below by using a damp cloth to make sure that it’s completely dry.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for carafe and lid.
A Few Instructions You Must Take Care Of
- Throughout these steps, you must make sure that you do not put water into the unit when you have removed the filter basket.
- In case if you want to clean the base you can use a wipe or any damp cloth to not expose the unit to direct water.
- You must also make sure that you are not using any scouring agents or concentrated cleaners for any part of your Cuisinart coffee maker.
However, if you still have not resolved your Cuisinart coffee maker’s self-cleaning problem then you must look ahead for decalcifying your hot water system. Cuisinart has recommended in their manual to decalcify the hot water system at least twice a year.
Hopefully, this blog was helpful enough to resolve your Cuisinart coffee makers self-cleaners problem.