It doesn’t matter if you are looking for a vegetable side dish or a stir-fry dish, you can use cucumbers. At this point, you would probably be wondering, “can you cook cucumbers like zucchini?” The cucumbers can be cooked and make a tantalizing addition to any meal. In this article, we are sharing different methods for cooking cucumbers just like zucchini!
Can You Cook Cucumbers Like Zucchini?
The cucumbers are known for their watery texture and they have a fresh flavor. That being said, the cucumbers can be cooked but they will impart a different flavor depending on the cooking method. In this section, we are sharing two different methods of cooking cucumbers, such as;
Baking The Cucumbers
When it comes down to cooking the cucumbers, baking them is the first option. For baking the cucumbers, we have the instructions below;
- Use the knife to cut the cucumber in the half-length but make sure that you don’t damage the surface of the cucumber and make sure the seeds are exposed
- Now, use the spoon and scoop out the seeds and flesh from the center part and do the same for both halves of the cucumber
- Then, cut the cucumber halves into long strips and make sure they are at least one centimeter wide and five centimeters long
- The next step is to fill the bowl with one and a half teaspoons of salt to ensure the cucumbers aren’t too watery (let the cucumbers dapped in salt for half an hour). Also, some people add sugar and wine vinegar to add an extra punch of flavor
- After half an hour of dipping the cucumbers, rinse the cucumbers and use the paper towel for drying the cucumber strips
- Then, spread out the strips on the baking dish and add seasoning
- Now, bake the cucumber strips for one hour at the 190-Celsius temperature and take it out. For removing the cucumber strips, just use a spatula, and your crunchy baked cucumbers are ready
Frying The Cucumber
Frying the cucumbers is the second method for people who want to cook cucumbers. So, if you are interested in a quicker method for cooking the cucumbers, let’s check out the instructions below;
- The first step is to cut the cucumber in half length and scoop out the seeds and flesh with a spoon
- Next, cut these halves in strips of ¼-inches because you don’t the strips to wilt during frying
- Now, stir up the cucumber strips with 1.5 teaspoons of salt and let the strips wait for half an hour because it will reduce the watery consistency, and texture will be improved
- After thirty minutes, run the cucumber strips under the cold water and pat them dry
- Now, use high heat to heat cooking oil in the skillet
- Then, just add cucumber slices into the cooking oil and stir them for four to five minutes. You need to stop stirring once the glossy texture appears
- Lastly, just take out the cucumber slices from the skillet and enjoy them!