Eggs are a complete and sufficient source of proteins. Some of the quick and easy egg recipes include scrambled eggs. Almost everyone knows how to cook the scrambled egg but very few people actually cook them right. When it comes to eating undercooked eggs, you may have possible concerns about the growth of Salmonella bacteria.
This pathogen can infect and attack your stomach especially if you are consuming undercooked eggs. Be it the fried egg or scrambled. In this article, we will discuss undercooked scrambled eggs along with the some do’s and don’ts to cook perfect scrambled eggs. Read on.
Is It Fine To Consume Undercooked Scrambled Eggs?
Some people are digestive intolerants, they better don’t consume undercooked eggs as the undercooked scrambled eggs have higher chances of infecting people with a foodborne disease caused by Salmonella bacteria.
Being a tough causative agent, Salmonella stays within the stomach of a person consuming raw eggs and causing diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea.
The perfect scrambled eggs are definitely not hard and neither too runny. Instead, they are soft and fresh. You will see the yolk mildly cooked and the white part slightly puffy and creamy. To your surprise, scrambled eggs are the best food to eat whether in the morning or at lunch, or dinner.
What Are The Risk Factors Of Eating Undercooked Scrambled Eggs?
The risk factors that undercooked scrambled eggs have are diarrhea, abdominal pain, severe stomach pain, nausea, intermittent fever, and vomiting. Sometimes the least digestion intolerant person faces severe complications such as dehydration which ultimately leads to constipation.
Therefore, if your stomach can’t resist even a bit risky, then you better don’t eat undercooked scrambled eggs. Although it is alright to eat runny eggs when your stomach stays fine. In fact, some studies show that consuming raw eggs is a healthy habit.
What Are The Tips To Make The Perfect Scrambled Eggs?
No one likes overcooked and undercooked scrambled eggs. Also, it is never okay to disappoint people with overcooking or undercooking.
Here are some tips for the best dose of scrambled eggs.
- Always try to cook the scrambled eggs with a lower flame. It would possibly take longer to cook but the wait will be worth it. You get more control in making the consistency right as well.
- Make sure that you turn off the heat when your eggs get WET not RUNNY. The eggs will continue to cook even with the flame off. This is a very important note. This tip alone can make a lot of difference.
- Stir the eggs for the best creamy consistency and texture.
- Don’t leave your eggs for long after whisking. Do whisk the eggs right before you fry them.
- Make sure you don’t add any milk or cheese to the eggs while whisking them.
- Don’t pool the skillet for once with eggs. Slowly pour them into the pan.
Undercooked scrambled eggs wouldn’t give you as much creamy taste as well-cooked scrambled eggs would give. Take a look at the tips to eat the best-scrambled eggs.