Thermador is a high-end and popular electronic appliance brand, and they have some of the best ovens. The ovens are integrated with multiple heating elements, including broil elements and bake elements, as both of them are essential for baking and cooking. This means that if the heating elements are damaged, it results in operational and cooking issues. So, if your oven isn’t heating up, we are sharing information about Thermador oven heating element replacement!
Thermador Oven Heating Element Replacement
Thermador manufactures some of the best home appliances, and ovens are one of them. Irrespective of which oven you choose, it has been integrated with the heating elements as they are essential for cooking and baking. However, if you need to replace these heating elements for any reason, we are sharing the instructions;
To replace the bake element in the Thermador oven, you can follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Unplug the Thermador oven from the wall socket and take out the oven racks.
- Take out the mounting screw on the base of both oven ends, and the bake element will be located on the bottom part of the oven.
- Take the bake element away from the oven’s walls – it’s recommended that you lift up the bake element and rotate it at 45 degrees angle and take it out.
- Unclip the wire that’s attached to the terminal on the bake element’s end.
- Now, connect the wires on the new bake element (for this purpose, you’ve to slide connectors on the terminals).
- Then, push wires back into the oven wall’s holes and put the bake element in place.
- Lastly, just screw in the mounting screws, add the oven racks, and reconnect the oven to the wall plug.
If you want to replace the broil element in the oven, follow these instructions;
- Disconnect your Thermador oven from the wall plug and take out the oven racks.
- Take out the mounting screw from the oven’s sensor and pull the sensor away from the back oven wall (the location of the oven sensor differs from the Thermador oven’s model, so consult the oven manual).
- Remove the mounting screws from the broil element’s both ends and take out screws from the mounting bracket that secure the broil element in place.
- Now, pull away the broil element and pull the wires that are connected to the terminals and pull wires off every terminal from the broil element.
- The next step is to connect wires to the terminals of your new broil element and push the wires into the oven wall’s holes.
- Then, put the broil element in place and secure the mounting screws that you previously removed.
- Secure the oven sensor again and put it in the oven racks.
- Once the oven racks are installed, connect the oven to power and try to turn it on.
These are the easiest ways of replacing the heating elements of your Thermador oven. However, you should always let the oven cool down and disconnect it from the power source before you begin the replacement process. In case you don’t have sufficient experience, hire an electrician to replace the heating elements for you!