Are you looking to make dinner for family or guests and want something good to serve on the side? I have a recipe that you can try out that’s perfect for situations like those, or for times you just want to serve something fancy without working too hard for it.
I’ll be sharing a quick and easy ramen coleslaw recipe that only takes some minutes to complete, as long as you have the right ingredients. To learn more about these ingredients and find out what you need to do with them once you have the ingredients, read below. Everything you need to know about my recipe is given below!Print
Simple And Tasty Ramen Coleslaw Recipe
Treat your family or guests to a delicious ramen coleslaw recipe that can be served as a side during any meal, or as a tasty meal of its own.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Chop, Mix, and Serve
- Cuisine: Netherlands
Most of the main things you are going to need will be inside of a ramen packet. But, that’s obviously not everything. This list covers everything in detail so you know what you will need before getting started:
- 1/4 cups of Warm Vinegar
- 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 1/4 cups of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Ramen Sauce Packet
- 1 Ramen Masala Packet
- 1 Ramen Noodle Cake
- 1/2 Carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Green Onions, chopped
- 1/2 (small) Cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cups of Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cups of Almonds
Making this ramen coleslaw recipe is going to be just as easy as it was for you to gather the ingredients I mentioned previously! It’s super simple and quick, because all you need to do is…:
- Mix Sugar with Warm Vinegar: You’ll need to combine two different mixtures to make this recipe, so let’s get started with the first mixture as it’s easier. All you have to do for this is to warm up ¼ cups of vinegar until it’s nearly boiling and pour it into a little bowl. After it’s there, add ½ cups of sugar inside. The mixture isn’t done just yet though.
- Stir Until Sugar Dissolves: To make sure that both ingredients blend well together, take some time to mix the sugar and warm vinegar very thoroughly. Once you do it for a minute or two, the sugar will completely dissolve because of the warm vinegar’s nature, after which you can move on to the next step.
- Make the Second Mixture: The second mixture is pretty easy to make as well. The first ingredient you will need for it is ¼ cups of vegetable oil. Put this inside of a little bowl, just like you did with the vinegar. After that, empty the ramen sauce packet inside of the oil. Similarly, add the ramen masala packet in it too. Stir these ingredients really well until they have blended together.
- Combine Both Mixtures: Once both the liquids are ready, you can combine them to make the sauce for your ramen coleslaw. All you need to do for this step is to put them in one bowl and mix until they have combined.
- Chop Vegetables: It can’t be coleslaw without the necessary vegetables, so the next step is to ready the vegetables you need by chopping them. Start by getting half a carrot and slicing it into thin strips (you can cut them in any way you like, but strips tend to work best for the recipe). Follow that up by also cutting up half of a cabbage into little pieces as well. Lastly, cut green onions into little pieces until they fill ½ cups as well.
- Mix Vegetables On A Plate: After cutting them up, you need to combine all the vegetables into one plate. Run a spoon through them to stir so that they get everywhere before you do anything else, as having them spread around will be good for taste and presentation at the end of the recipe.
- Add Sunflower Seeds and Almonds: Once the vegetables are mixed, you can add ½ cups of sunflower seeds and ¼ cups of almonds in the plate too. Stir everything together one more time before you can finally start putting moving towards the final steps of the recipe.
- Pour Sauce On Top and Mix: This step is where you’ll use the sauce from earlier. Just grab the bowl it was in and start pouring as much sauce as you want. Depending on the flavor of ramen you used, the sauce will probably be pretty spicy, so keep that in mind. Add according to your preferences and use a big spoon to mix everything so the ingredients are covered with it.
- Add Ramen and Serve: Crush the noodle cake inside of the ramen packet into very tiny pieces. Make sure that you don’t crush it so much that it turns into a powder, though. After you’re satisfied, start tossing the broken packet of noodles all over the vegetables and sauce. Then, mix everything one last time so the ingredients are spread equally, and you can finally serve the delicious ramen coleslaw!
- Just these few very simple ingredients are what you need for this recipe!
- Using these ingredients that are common in most homes, you can make a delicious and fancy dish by following the steps that I have detailed above
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 1440 kcal
- Sugar: 7.68 g
- Sodium: 1804 mg
- Fat: 107.27 g
- Saturated Fat: 55.201 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 39.22 g
- Trans Fat: 0.059 g
- Carbohydrates: 105.54 g
- Fiber: 16.2 g
- Protein: 27.56 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: ramen coleslaw recipe