We’re all guilty of unhealthy snacking from time to time. It’s one of the worst habits that most people on a diet can have, because it adds unnecessary fats and sugars to your everyday nutrition.
But it’s just so hard to avoid it when every snack tastes so good, isn’t it?
Well, I’m here to offer an alternative today in the form of my easy protein ball recipe. I say that you don’t have to avoid snacking. You just have to avoid snacking unhealthily!
With this quick and easy recipe, you can make a little treat for yourself to munch on every now and then that will taste delicious while having lots of good protein for you.Print
Get Easy Protein With This Quick Protein Peanut Butter OatmealBall Recipe
Get rid of unhealthy snacks in your daily life and replace them with these oatmeal & peanut butter balls that are easy to make, taste delicious, and give you lots of protein!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Mix, Refrigerate and Serve
- Cuisine: American
My protein balls are pretty similar to granola bars in a way, but they’re even simpler. You only need a few ingredients to make them, all of which are easy to get and listed in detail below:
- 1 cup of Oats
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 3 tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons of Honey
- 2 tablespoons of Chocolate Chips
That’s all you need! Making healthy and delicious protein balls at homes only needs this many ingredients. The best part is that you can feel free to substitute and add to this too! So, if you want any additional ingredients or alternatives to the options mentioned here, here’s what you could try out:
You can’t use an alternative for chia seeds, oats, or peanut butter, as they’re the main parts of the recipe and your main source of protein. But, you can substitute the honey and the chocolate chips.
For example, a good substitute for honey is maple syrup, which tastes sweet, delicious, and goes well with the rest of the ingredients. As for chocolate chips, you can replace those with a number of different things. Peanut butter chips are especially good choices, while there are also options like cacao nibs that are a lot healthier than chocolate chips. Carob chips can also be used in their place.
After you’re satisfied with everything you have, we can start cooking. Keep in mind that my recipe accounts for the ingredients that I listed, and you’re going to have to change it accordingly depending on what you decide to substitute or add. That said, here are the few very simple steps you have to follow to make easy protein balls at home:
- Mix Oats and Chia Seeds: Add 1 cup of oats and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds into a plate and mix them together well.
- Add Peanut Butter and Mix: Toss 3 tablespoons of peanut butter on the mixture and use a spoon to get it all together. Make sure that you mix especially well during this step so that all the peanut butter blends well.
- Add Honey and Mix: One more thing to add is 2 teaspoons of honey. Pour it all over the mixture and stir everything so it mixes well.
- Add Chocolate Chips and Mix: Yes, you have to mix yet again. This time after adding chocolate chips. You need to add 2 tablespoons of these, but you can add more or less depending on how sweet you want the protein balls. After tossing in whatever amount you decide, mix everything together one more time.
- Start Forming Balls: Your mixture is finally ready after you follow the previous steps. Now all that you need to do is start shaping it into tiny spheres. To do that, grab a little bit of the mixture in your hands and start shaping it within your palms. It’s easy enough to do and only takes a minute at most per piece. Keep doing this until the mixture runs out.
- Refrigerate and Eat!: The protein balls themselves are ready, but they aren’t fully edible just yet. First, you need to spread them all out on a tray and refrigerate them for at least 2 hours. After this time passes, you can finally start munching down on these whenever you want! They stay good in the fridge for long, so you don’t have to worry about finishing them all at once. Take your time with them, and you’re sure to enjoy them every time you open your fridge for one!
- The possibilities of additional ingredients in these protein balls are nearly endless. You can do so many things with them since it’s such an easy recipe and process.
- If you want to go to the healthier side while getting your daily nutrition in, you can put protein powder inside of the mixture. Adding almond butter, dates, or banana bits is also a good option.
- With these additional ingredients, the food might taste better depending on your preferences. Plus, there’ll be even more protein inside of the oatmeal balls depending on what you choose to add.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 728 kcal
- Sugar: 60.89 g
- Sodium: 786 mg
- Fat: 22.29 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.889 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.938 g
- Trans Fat: 0.047 g
- Carbohydrates: 144.96 g
- Fiber: 24.4 g
- Protein: 24.66 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: peanut butter oatmeal balls recipe