Nothing’s worse than a hot summer day where nothing seems to cool you off. You can try the air conditioning, wear as little clothes as you can, or just shower again and again. No matter what, it just feels hot in an icky way, and a lot of people have no idea what to do in a situation like that.
I’m kind of the same. The heat reallyyy gets to me, but I have a great way to cool off that I want to share with you too! By that, I mean a mint margarita recipe that’ll freshen you up with a sip and cool you off from the inside.Print
A Refreshing Mint Margarita Recipe To Help You Chill Out
If you want a nice, refreshing drink that’s pretty easy to make, tastes good, and will help you chill out on the hottest summer days, here’s my recipe for a mint margarita.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Refreshment
- Method: Blend and Serve
- Cuisine: Spanish
The most important things in any mint margarita are the exact ingredients you use. There’s nothing more to it. It’s a simple drink you can make with simple steps. But, a few ingredients can make all the difference to the whole thing. Here are the ones I use, and the ones you should use too if you want your mint margaritas to be especially good and refreshing:
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- 30–35 Mint Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Glasses of Sprite
Aaaand, you’ll need a blender along with all these things too! Without one, you’re not going to be able to mix everything together the way it should be. So, make sure you have one handy whenever you plan to make drinks like these.
Gathering the ingredients for a mint margarita is 99% of the work for it. After that, everything is easy peasy, because the blender will do everything else for you. So, just follow these very simple steps and your delicious, ice-cold mint margaritas will be ready!
- Squeeze Out Some Lemon Juice: You can skip this step if you bought straight-up lemon juice. But, for those that didn’t, start by getting a couple of lemons and squeezing out their juice, Make sure to do just enough for 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, since that’s what you’ll need for the recipe.
- Pluck Out 30-35 Mint Leaves: Mint leaves are what put the “mint” in a mint margarita, if you didn’t know that already. So, make sure you have 30-35 leaves plucked out and ready for use in a blender. Most stores sell them in bundles and you need to rip them out of their stems. You can also use more leaves than this if you want the margarita to have a stronger minty taste, but don’t overdo it.
- Blend All Ingredients: Now that you have lemon juice and mint leaves ready, along with all the other things on the list, you can finally start making the mint margarita. Just put every ingredient you need in the blender, including 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 pinches of salt, 2 glasses of sprite, 3 tablespoons of sugar, mint leaves, and as much ice as you want inside. Now blend everything until it’s well-mixed.
- Serve and Cool Off: Your mint margaritas are ready to enjoy! You can enjoy drinking a refreshing glass and share it around the house to beat the heat. Hopefully it helps you as much as it helps me on warm summer days, because I know just how annoying it can be.
- That’s all you need to make mint margaritas at home! I like this recipe extra because it tastes good, but also because most of these things are usually in the kitchen anyway. I can easily grab them from the fridge and whip up a great, cold drink instead of having to go all the way to the shop in the scorching heat.
- You should be able to do that too if you have most of this stuff lying around. Even if you don’t, luckily the ingredients are all super common so you don’t have to venture off in the heat much.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 560 kcal
- Sugar: 125.65 g
- Sodium: 401 mg
- Fat: 0.56 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.012 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.018 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 140.23 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.57 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mint margarita recipe