Today I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes during the summer, which is corn salad. This dish is perfect for a backyard BBQ, a picnic, or just a lazy Sunday afternoon. It’s light, refreshing, and filled with flavor.
It’s great for when you want something nice to serve on the side, or as an appetizer before food. It’s also good for when you want a light snack to munch on without being unhealthy. I personally love it during the summer because it’s refreshing and easy to make. If you want to learn how to make it too, here’s my easy recipe for a delicious corn salad that you will surely love!Print
Easy and Tasty Corn Salad Recipe
If you want something light, delicious, filled with flavour, and easy to make, try out this corn salad recipe that’s perfect for when you want a tasty and healthy snack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Chop, Mix, and Serve
- Cuisine: Mexican
The ingredients list isn’t that big, so that’s another big positive. You can easily follow my recipe if you have these common ingredients with you:
- 1 cup of tomatoes. chopped
- 1/2 cups of onions, chopped
- 1 cup of corn, boiled
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of coriander leaves
Yup, that’s all there is! You don’t need anything else to follow this recipe. But, that doesn’t mean adding anything extra isn’t allowed. Feel free to add more ingredients, seasonings, or sauces on top as long as you think the mixture will turn out delicious!
Just like ingredients, there aren’t many steps in this recipe either. You only need to do a few things to enjoy delicious corn salad at home, which are:
- Mix the Veggies: Start by chopping tomatoes to fill 1 cup, and onions to fill ½ cups. Then, dump both of these veggies into a plate and mix them together.
- Add Boiled Corn: Put on 1 cup of corn to boil after you’re done mixing the vegetables. Once they’re boiled, pour the corn on top of the tomatoes and onions that you mixed. Stir these again so that everything is mixed instead of being layered on top of each other.
- Add Salt: Sprinkle salt on top of the ingredients you just mixed to bring out their flavor, while giving them a nice sour taste at the same time. You can add as much salt as you would like depending on your preference. I usually stick to just 1 tablespoon, but you can make it more or less. Make sure to mix everything again after adding the salt so it gets everywhere.
- Dump Lemon Juice On Top: A nice, zesty lemon flavor can make any salad delicious, which is why the next step is to add a teaspoon of lemon juice all over these ingredients. Make sure to dump it all across instead of one spot, so it spreads instead of staying on one part of the mixture. Mix once again to help with the spread and flavor.
- Add Coriander Leaves and Serve!: For one last step, and an extra bit of minty flavor, add ¼ cups of coriander leaves in the mixture. Stir everything one final time so it’s spread out equally, and your delicious corn salad will be ready! You can now serve it to your guests or enjoy a plate by yourself!
- The recipe is really simple and uses few ingredients, but that doesn’t mean you can’t experiment with it. I find myself adding some new things here and there when I feel like experimenting. For example, I might make things a little spicier by putting hot sauce on top.
- If you’re serving it at a BBQ, you could try adding BBQ sauce on top, as that’ll go with the theme and give the salad a nice flavor at the same time. It’s possible to use all kinds of different dressings. A couple of personal favorites of mine are honey mustard and thousand islands sauce.
- To really change things up, you can even add chicken to make it a chicken corn salad, or other veggies to give it extra flavor. Lastly, you can just stick to the recipe as it is. Either way, it’ll turn out delicious and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 658 Kcal
- Sugar: 7.58 g
- Sodium: 70 mg
- Fat: 8.26 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.176 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.245 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 134.94 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 17.68 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: corn salad recipe