With a wide variety of grills available in the market, it’s evident that flat-top grills are one of the most common ones. While these grills are perfect for cooking delicious BBQ food, many people also use them for boiling water. On the other hand, there are people who wonder if they use their flat-top grills for boiling water. So, if you want to boil water, we are sharing if you can use the flat-top grill or not!
Can You Boil Water On A Flat-Top Grill?
Yes, you can use the flat-top grill for boiling water, but there are several things that you need to keep in mind. To begin with, you will need a few minutes to boil the water – it takes longer than any other water boiling method. This is because the burner flame of the flat-top grill tends to heat the surface of the pots, which means the water will get heat from this heated surface. Since these pots are made from metal, they take a longer time period to boil up.
For this reason, you can use the flat-top grill for boiling water but make sure you use a smaller pot because it helps water reach the boiling temperature quickly. In addition to this, the flat-top grills have smaller burners, and a small pot will be a safer choice. Now that we have mentioned the concerns, below are some steps that you can follow for boiling the water, such as;
- Take a small pot and fill it with water according to your preference
- Light up the burner of your flat-top burner and put the small pot on top of it
- It is suggested that you put the pot’s lid on top to collect heat, promising quicker boiling.
- Wait for ten minutes for the water to boil and use the boiled water however you like
Using The Right Pots For Boiling Water
It’s clear that you can use the flat top grill for boiling water but remember that you’ve to use the right pots to make sure water is fully boiled. Some of the pots that you can try include;
- Stainless steel pot –stainless steel pots are pretty common, and they can be used for speeding up the boiling process. In addition, it doesn’t cause harm to water and can withstand high temperatures without blackening the pot
- Aluminum pot – these pots are also commonly available in the kitchens, and they can be used on the flat top grill for boiling water. The aluminum pots have even and efficient heat distribution, leading to quicker boiling.
- Enameled pot – the enameled pots are also suitable for boiling water, and they will boil water within a couple of minutes.
- Steamer pot – it wouldn’t be wrong to say that a steamer pot is apt for boiling water, and it’s actually designed to boil water as it builds steam which improves the boiling time
To summarize, it’s possible to use the flat-top grill for boiling the water, and we have also mentioned the right type of pots. So, are you ready?